Monday, April 30, 2012

A Hunting We Will Go ...

With winter looming I am trying to take advantage of the lovely days we have been experiencing by getting the girls outdoors as much as possible during the middle of the day.

Today I searched online for some scavenger hunt ideas and found a great example of one at  http://mykidsmake.com/   I typed a similar copy up for us and printed them off and laminated them. I only laminated them because I am intending to use them with my Pippins/Guides, otherwise I am not sure I would have bothered.



I then handed one each to the girls along with a plastic bag and sent them on their way. They were quite surprised but very enthusiastic.



We live on a small lifestyle block so there are plenty of spots to find natural things, although I did actually hide a couple of pine cones amongst some bushes for them to find though as we had none on the property.


It was a great way to spend today's biology class.


It was interesting to see what items they felt fit the request, IE what they thought was smooth, rough, beautiful, etc.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It