Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Operation Christmas Child Letter

Today the girls and I worked on a letter to go into their shoeboxes.

We thought it might be fun to let the little girls know who cared enough about them to send them a care package.  This is what we came up with.


Hi, I would like to introduce myself to you.
My name is XXXXXXX and I am very glad to meet you.

I am eight years old. 

I live in New Zealand. I live in a house, in the province of Waikato, with my family.

If you look at the map I have coloured in whereabouts I live.

In my family, besides my mum and dad, I have an older sister and a pet goat named Molly. We have a family dog called Scruffie too.

I like to visit my Grannie who lives nearby, go to the beach and visit my mum’s family in Australia. I have lots of cousins there to play with.

I also like to play with my sister, swim, ride horses and my bike and play with and look after my goat.

I hope you like the gifts I packed for you.

This is me.

Bye

We included the OCC sign, a picture of the map of New Zealand and of course a photo of the child sending the letter and package on the page. I am not yet technically savvy enough to work out how to include them on this properly.  My girls have each given me a list of a few extra things that they would like me to purchase for their boxes before they are complete, so with some luck they'll be ready to go in the next week before we start back at school.


2 comments :

  1. That is such a good idea, we will be doing the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, this will make you laugh but when I was trying to work out how to simply add our document to my blog, pics and all, I thought to myself I bet Kate would know how to do this ... :)

      Delete

Pin It